This is a great time to become a volunteer and support patients with a life limiting illness.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for our work and a desire to make a positive contribution as part of the South Bucks Hospice team.
This is an important role within the hospice as it supports the work of the lymphoedema team, helping them to ensure that patients get the treatment and support that they need.
This role is based in our busy Lymphoedema team office, working directly with patients and the wider team.
Activities will include:
• Meeting and greeting patients
• Scanning patients notes onto the computer
• Answering the phones and dealing with general enquiries
• Helping with the laundry
• Stock rotating products used by the team
• Showing patients out at the end of their treatment
This role would be perfect for someone looking to gain experience in a clinical environment or someone who has previously worked in health and social care who wants to support the work of the hospice.
Skills / Qualifications or personal qualities required:
• Excellent communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Good administrative skills
• Over 18 years of age
Download the full role description here
If you have 3 hours a week to spare and would like to make a difference to the lives of hospice patients, please get in contact